Lilypie Pregnancy Event tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, March 30, 2013

7w1d: Told DD the news...



8 year olds are so insightful. I thought she would drive me nuts but, surprisingly, she didn't! I wanted to wait until I was a bit further along, but she found the books I bought at Barnes & Noble. If you know anything about me, you know that the minute I have a life-changing event, I go to BnN and use it as my excuse to buy more books! Well, I bought her a sibling book and she sort of found it, so I saw no need to hold back.

She keeps referring to the baby as "she". I thought that was pretty interesting, so I inquired: Do you think the baby's a girl? She responded: "Well, if it's a girl, that would be AWESOME. But, a boy would be great, too. All I want is a baby who is healthy and alive. For aunty's baby, I asked for her to be healthy... and she was healthy, but she was not alive. So, now this time I have to make sure I say healthy AND alive."

Boy do I love this little girl. Here I was thinking she would be completely mortified if she got a brother. Not at all...

2 comments:

  1. that is so sweet and amazing!!!! i <3 her so much! - AK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is definitely a character. LOL. Thanks for reading! You're a rockstar :)

      Delete