Lilypie Pregnancy Event tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

If you surrender to the wind...

There is a quote by Toni Morrison that I have just been loving...

"If you surrender to the wind you can ride it" - Toni Morrison

sur·ren·der (s -r n d r). v. sur·ren·dered, sur·ren·der·ing, sur·ren·ders. v.tr. 1. To relinquish possession or control of to another because of demand or compulsion.

In my foolish youth, I saw surrender as such a dirty word! Nik doesn't surrender... she prevails... against the obstacles, against the odds.

However, I am a firm believer that you have everything within you, RIGHT NOW, to be everything you will ever need to be. 

It wasn't until I met DH that I realized there is some strength in surrender. There is some strength in having a bit of vulnerability. 

Life and love are a beautifully-orchestrated dance where sometimes it's just not your turn to lead...

If you surrender, the strength of something else can propel you. If you fight, you are not propelled as far AND you'll be worn out. 

Today I am surrendering. I am surrendering to the legal brief that desires completion. I am surrendering to the clinic making a last-minute decision to not retrieve my egg today, but wait until Friday. I am surrendering to the  desire to just take a minute for myself and to steal a couple of deep breaths and quiet time without feeling guilty.

I will ride it...

LAW

No comments:

Post a Comment