Lilypie Pregnancy Event tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Appointment results from yesterday

So, at my sonogram yesterday, there was a 15.5mm follie. I couldn't believe it! Last Friday, there were two - 4mm and 7mm, natch both on the left ovary. However, I didn't expect 15.5mm. The follie from last year did NOT grow that quickly. This is a good sign.

After my appointment, I got the following mail (truncated):
-----------------------------
Please confirm receipt of email
Hope this email finds you well. Dr. Yang reviewed your test result today and below is your medication instructions.
Blood test result:
Estradiol (E2):245
FSH:8
Luteinizing hormone (LH):11
Progesterone (P4): 0.3
As per MD, your hormone level shows that your LH is elevated. Elevated LH means that you are starting to surge on your own. Possible egg retrieval tomorrow IF the follicle is still there._ Please try to be here at 7am tomorrow for STAT blood and ultrasound.
No Nasal Spray tonight. 
-------------------------------

What a way to scare me!!! I leave the clinic talking about possibly triggering that night and get an email about coming in the very next day (today) for an egg retrieval. This train was moving at 200mph. 

So, DH and I went this morning, but the egg retrieval wasn't necessary. My LH was only 8 today - so no spike. However, my E2 levels were slightly lower - 240. Of course the crazy-lady in me hit the internet right away to see if that was a harbinger, but the sites I read seemed to think it was okay.

I am really hoping that it doesn't signify a decrease in egg quality. I asked the nurse what the E2 drop meant and she said it could mean that the egg is done maturing. 

So, I have to trigger with the nasal spray tonight. $80 nasal spray! $80 nasal spray that I had at home and DH threw away... I digress...

I have another appointment tomorrow morning and they will most likely schedule egg retrieval for Friday morning.

I haven't been to work all week because of school work, but it all works out for my appointments. It also helps that school is right around the corner from the clinic.

Please send vibes for a healthy egg retrieval, if you've got any vibes to spare!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nik!
    I just met your blog, readed like it was mine!! lol
    Hope you can get pregnant this time!
    A lot of baby dust!!

    Camila

    ReplyDelete