Lilypie Pregnancy Event tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It was bound to happen...

http://heathergordon.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/bad_day.jpg



I had SUCH a rough day today. I got THIS mail from the clinic today and then I just broke down:
Below are your lab results for today:
Estrogen <low
FSH 61
LH 21
Progesterone 0.3
MD has reviewed your results and here are your instructions:
From 3/20 to 3/26, please take TWO tablets of birth control pills.
From 3/27 to 3/28, please take ONE tablet of birth control pill.
Your next monitoring appointment is on 3/29/12 for bloodwork only.
Thank you.

----------------
Throw me a bone, please, universe! For the first time since this whole infertility diagnosis, I cried like a baby - right there at my desk. The weight was too much to bear today. At my appointment, there was not even the promise of a follicle. There was the cyst from last week, which was measuring 4mm, but nothing else. I have YET to see any activity whatsoever from my right ovary. The left one was blah today, too. I love (well, not really LOVE, I'm being sarcastic) when they say "your ovaries are quiet". No, quiet can be a good thing... my ovaries are not quiet, they are BROKEN. And, honestly, today I just want ovaries that work. Is that too much to ask?
So, now I have to take bcp again... to artificially lower my FSH levels again. Please let there be a better way. PLEASE.
And let's talk about the estrogen levels... what in the world is <low? Does that mean my estrogen levels are practically negative? I know it doesn't, but come on estrogen! Show up for the appointments, will you!!?
For now, all I can do is follow doctor's orders. I just hope I'm not standing in the same place in three years. Fingers crossed.
On another note, I went to my gyn, who delivered DD, and there was a pamphlet staring right in my face. There are a series of education workshops being put on by Columbia University surrounding fertility. The one tomorrow (as luck would have it) is on donor eggs. A part of me wants to go. They're not having that particular workshop again. They do have another I want to attend: Understanding Ovarian Reserve. It's on May 30th, but that's just around the corner.
I saw it as a little sign that the universe was saying "despite your day, I haven't given up on you, yet".
Anyway, tomorrow can ONLY be better. Thanks for making it this far!

No comments:

Post a Comment