Lilypie Pregnancy Event tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Destination Maternity!

http://www.oldnavy.com/products/res/thumbimg/maternity-seamless-layering-tanks-black-jack.jpg I took the day off today. I just needed a breather from work - I usually do. Thanks to the 17mm follie-cyst yesterday, I had to go in for another blood draw and sonogram - just my luck to have an appointment on our day off. I did manage to sleep in (is 8:30 considered sleeping in?) 


I got to the office at about ten after ten and had my blood draw. Then it was the waiting game to be called in for my sonogram. The nurse called me in and instructed me to get changed. The two minutes it took her to come back in felt like an eternity. She performed the sonogram and nothing came up on the screen. No more follie-cyst! Whatever that means, it's not as bad as the idea of having a huge cyst. So, I'm a bit relieved.
The optimist in me hopes it was a follie and that I've ovulated. The realist in me is just glad it's not a cyst. I was instructed to wait for my mail today with further instructions on where to go from there. I walked out into the the jungle that is NYC and I felt directionless.... not because I expected anything to happen, but because I really didn't know what to do next. Should I go to the store for my mom, should I go and get my hair washed, should I get my nails done? I couldn't decide. I went into the GAP to find a pair of jeans and left after 5 minutes of useless browsing. I decided to head west on 57th street towards my bus. I walked for about 3 avenues and decided to look up to see where I should go next. There was a HUGE sign that said "DESTINATION MATERNITY"... It was a mini-mall with maternity shops and a maternity spa. I made a mental note - must come here once we conceive. The sign put a little smile on my face... gave me some direction. Whether or not my appointment went the way I wanted it to go today, I am not directionless, nor purposeless. It may take a while to get to that BFP, but gosh darnit, I'm going to get there.
Destination maternity or BUST :)


No comments:

Post a Comment