Lilypie Pregnancy Event tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, March 23, 2012

Acupuncture is...

Image Detail
...heavenly! So, first things first. I didn't know if I would like my acupuncturist because she has a very weird way of dealing with patients (me). She called me the morning of my appointment to ask if I could come a little earlier so she could "fit more patients in". That was a turn-off. Also, during the initial phone consult, she asked me how I was getting to her office. She always seems so interested in me making it there on time and my mode of transport.
All of that aside, acupuncture is AWESOME. So, we had the initial questions and she asked why I was there. She kept insisting that I looked GREAT. She said I didn't look my age. I told here I was tired and usually am. She asked to see my tongue. When I showed it to her, she said "You thirsty!!" I told her I was, in fact, not thirsty and she asked if I was sure. On to the fun part...
The needles weren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be. She said she had to balance my hormones and also that my qi was not balanced. She also said I have a digestion issue (after looking at the eczema on my arms).
After she inserted the needles - in my ears, head, abdomen, shins and ankles - she left me there to rest for 30 minutes. She told me to focus on breathing in deeply. I breathed deeper than I've ever done before.
When my 30 minutes were up, she came back and took the needles out. I have another appointment for next Thursday. When I left, I felt EXHAUSTED. I don't know why.
Oh, and I was thirsty... apparently, she knew what she was talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment