Lilypie Pregnancy Event tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, May 4, 2012

FSH is back up...

I read something once that said you are only as good as your highest FSH level. Gosh, I was hoping it was LOWEST... but no. So, I'm only as good as my FSH level of 100? That level screams... "ovaries? what ovaries?" My ovaries are shriveled up lump of all things unholy. However, I need to find the positive in this. I will say that my left ovary consistently attempts to give me a follie! The right one is the turn-coat. I'm not sure whose team she's on. So, at my appointment on Wednesday, the 8mm follie from last week was long gone, but there was a new 5mm follie on the left side. The right - nada!
I am doubling up OCP for a couple of days, then taking one per day until my next appointment on the 9th. The 9th must be a good day for fertility, because another friend with POF has an appointment that day and my sister has a SONOGRAM... oh yes, she's with child :) It's not public, yet. Neither is this blog, so I can say it here! Ok. So, fingers crossed for everyone on the 9th. Let's bring back some good stories.


My FSH is 33 now. Here's the mail from the clinic after my visit on Wednesday:


Please confirm receipt of this email.Below are your blood results for today:
Estrogen: <L
FSH: 33
LH:14
 p4: 0.5


At this time, the MD has reviewed your results and your instructions are as follows:
Please be aware that since your FSH was unable to stabilize at the lower level once the MD weaned your body off the birth control pill, the MD would like you to begin taking the birth control pills again to bring the levels back down.  Your FSH was at 17 when you last monitored, however today it went back up to 33.  The MD would like to try the birth control suppression again to see if your body will be able to have the levels remain low enough to begin IVF treatment.
Please begin taking two birth control pills daily from today 5/2 until 5/5
Please decrease to ONE birth control pill daily from 5/6 until 5/8


Your next appointment is scheduled for: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at Columbus Circle.


Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment