Lilypie Pregnancy Event tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Packed up my baby things...

On June 6th, a relative gave birth to a little boy. I have a ton of boy/neutral stuff and thought the healthy thing to do would be to pack it all up - in addition to the stuff I bought her for her baby - and ship it all to her. I thought a healed person would be able to do it... and, more than anything else, it would have been a nice gesture to send someone over $400 worth of newborn - 12 month stuff.
Couldn't do it. I packed it up, taped it and darn near wrapped it. When I got home that night, pangs overcame me... they were pains that indicated that I am STILL mourning my fertility. We started TTC 9 months and 3 weeks ago. That baby was born on what should have been our due date. While I was happy for the relative, I was unhappy for me.
While I know the clothes are not doing anything for anyone buried in a drawer in my house, I knew I wasn't ready to get rid of them, so I didn't.
I did send her a nice little bag of stuff that I had picked especially for her baby, though. Good compromise, in my estimation!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you the very best no matter what. Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You are a doll for reading. I do appreciate it. I've been busy, but I'm going to try to update a bit more... maybe even share my story with more than 3 people... haha... I don't know if I'm ready to let the world in on my secret!

    ReplyDelete