Lilypie Pregnancy Event tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

10w2d:What a week!

 
The picture of Pumpkin, above, is the one I got yesterday at my OB appointment, but I have a lot of back-tracking to do... this has been quite a week. I missed half of my classes (thank goodness there's only one more week of school left...)

Wed: 9w5d - I met with the new OB (let's call them Dr. Posh) from the practice that only delivers at my dream hospital. My dream hospital is like the taj mahal of birthing options. HOWEVER, this practice seems to cater to women who don't work. The appointments are all at arbitrary times of the day and are only Mon-Fri. Additionally, they don't do routine sonograms. If you need a sonogram, they send you to their "off-site sonographer" which is YET another appointment after which you have a follow-up with Dr. Posh. I mentioned my discomfort with not being "monitored" and Dr. P let me know that I could schedule an appointment for a sono on Monday if I wanted. So, I've taken a day off from work to go and have a sono. Somehow, I don't think this is going to work. Dr. P was VERY thorough and knew her stuff through and through. I told her about my history and my sister's history. I handed her the letter from New Hope. We chatted for a good 30 minutes and I left feeling like I had hit the jackpot, but without the sono to assuage my never-ending fears! She took about 12 vials of blood, performed an internal exam, then sent me on my way.

Thu: 9w6d - Work was stressful. That's nothing new. While I was on a TWO HOUR call with one of our offshore teams, I started to get crampy. I was starving at that point, so I didn't think anything of it. When the meeting was finally over, I rushed to the bathroom to relieve myself. When I wiped, I noticed a little bit of pinkish brown on the TP. NOOOOOOOO.... Every crazy thought imaginable went through my head. I was still crampy. Naturally, I hit the interwebs to find out of anyone else out of the 7B people on earth had ever been through this. I found solidarity in a November 2013 birth club I belong to. One of the women said that she'd had an internal exam, as well, and saw a little bit of blood afterwards. The cramping was persistent, so I decided to skip school. I went home, kicked my feet up and went to bed at some ridiculous hour - even before my 9 year old did. 

Fri: 10w0d - At this point, I realized that when I booked my appointment with Dr. P, I'd forgotten to cancel my appointment with my old OB - the one who delivered DD, but is only affiliated with a hospital I refuse to ever set foot in again (or so I thought). We'll call him Dr. TnT for tried and true! I was still cramping on Friday, but hadn't wiped any blood since early that morning. Either way, a trip to Dr. TnT couldn't hurt!

Sat: 10w1d - DH, DD and I head out to Dr. TnT first thing in the morning. I couldn't wait to see Pumpkin on the monitor. I made DH and DD wait outside until we verified everything was okay. And it was! DD loved seeing Pumpkin bounce all over the screen - oh, how much of a difference a week makes! Pumpkin was definitely larger, even though Dr. TnT did not date me. I was so relieved that everything was going well. So, at the end of the appointment, Dr. TnT was telling me about the changes that have happened since I was last there (for this purpose) NINE years ago. They deliver at a new hospital (cue the cherubs signing!!) because they got a lot of complaints from the old hospital. The other change was the NT scan that most docs do in the first trimester. So, Dr. TnT sent me on my way with my welcome packet of prenatals and a referral for the NT scan. Dr. TnT also told me to make an appointment for four weeks out (ON A SATURDAY) to meet with him again. As much as I love the Posh doctors, I don't think it'll make sense to go to them. So, I think I'm gonna stick it out with Dr. TnT. All's well that ends well! I've attached the pic of Pumpkin from yesterday. He/She is looking down. You can see the head (takes after DH). Now I'm off to catch up on everything else... including this book give-away!

No comments:

Post a Comment